View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1484755)   #29
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see Sam's point there. I'd also suggest that another sanctioning body can only mean additional meetings and more diversification plus the inevitable politics that would go on between the two (I believe there is a similar issue in Australia with CAMS). Better to try to change what we've got than set up a rival. The current difficulties are, IMO the result of too much motorsport of poor quality. Adding anything could only be disasterous.

Ideally the clubs need to become self regulating, and I wonder if the move to circuit based clubs (Castle Combe, Brands) could provide the starting point anyway. On the basis of 'We'll organise the meetings for series which we believe will attract sufficient competitors/spectators to make a profit" you gain a sort of survival of the fittest mentaility in which you could only introduce something new if it is already proven to be sufficiently well supported. I rarely see the need for a new series, anyway, most of them could evolve from something already in existence. The catalyst usually seems to be money, or at least, who wants to get it.