View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2016, 09:56 (Ref:3690696)   #47
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
PCARS works fine on console, that is what it was always designed to run on and what its engine is based around.

It's a hideous game on PC even now.

But I have played it on console with a decent wheel and rather enjoyed it. Far better than the PC version.

It really isn't fine on the Xbox One at all. On the surface it is fine. In that you drive a car around a circuit and it works, and the AI drives round and they work. But when you get into the career mode you find that almost everything is broken.

Current serious bug list on the X1:

Saving setups doesn't work once you've saved over 16 (This includes different car and track types). Once you save your 17th setup, all setups are corrupt and go back to the default at all times.

Mandatory pit stops break if you use the in game replay. You'll always get disqualified if you use an in-game replay when you've got to make a pit stop, as it'll forget you've made the pit stop and DQ you. Making another pit stop doesn't work either.

Time acceleration changes the AI to 100% speed. So if you qualify with the AI at 85%, and then time accelerate, they qualify at 100% difficulty.

There are kerbs dotted around the game which cause it to slow down and speed up. Dubai Karting for example, has 2 or 3 kerbs that if you run them causes the entire game (inc AI cars) to slow to half speed. Once you clear the kerb, the game attempts to catch up with the lost time and fast forwards for a second or two. It's always fun to be fired at a corner like a cannon.

Pit strategies don't work. Tyre selection doesn't work correctly because they just refer to "soft, medium, hard, wet", and the car setups have more specific tyres such as "90s F1". If you use the pit strategies, you often get put on some odd tyres.

If you crash on the last lap and retire, you still get the position you were in when you crashed. I won a Ginetta race by crashing on the last lap and retiring. It was very Vanthoor/Macau!

The lap time bug was never fixed, which makes lap times meaningless. To save you reading the whole thread - something happens in game where the frame rate drops and the lap times suddenly take a LOT longer (20 seconds +) without any change in physics. You drive the same, the AI drives, the same, but it somehow takes a lot longer. Then the FPS will correct itself and the times will go back to 'normal'. I get this at the fake Suzuka every time in the LMP2s. Had it in the GT4s too.

-----------

It sounds like the PC version is even worse, but I'll never recommend the console version. It's fine on the surface, but when you dig into it and play the career mode properly, you find that almost every tool you need to use is broken. I posted these a few times on the pCARs forum and had my posts deleted for "reposting known issues". It was pretty clear they never had any intention of fixing them - they just stuck them in a spreadsheet and left them.

They may have ruined the PC version by designing this for consoles, but it seems they didn't have the talent to back up their ambitions and half the features don't actually work, and never will. So the end result is a PC version nobody likes, and a console version you can only play by remember you can't use most of the options and tools.