View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3714584)   #5
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Aren't Chevron part-owners of the MCM too?

I don't think it will make much difference or lose any categories will it?

The Saturday 3hr is being held into dusk, and the Sunday 3hr part is held in the morning, i don't think it will interfere that much.

They've been doing the same things since 2005, and its not as if modern cars haven't raced at MCM before. They've had Aussie Racing Cars, Kuhmo V8s, modern Sports Sedans etc....

It'll be right
They cannot fit in 6 hours of racing plus an hour of practice /qualifying without losing other stuff.TransAm is one category that I know has been dropped.
If the Sunday race starts at 9 there goes half the day.
Looking at your modern categories Kuhmo's definitely fit in with the touring car history theme of the event,sports sedans are pretty retro in body shape and age of most cars and Aussie Racing Cars was a one off deal because it was the only way they could have a race in NSW that year.
It won't be fine because people will not pay $40 for 3-4 hours of historic racing.I am a fan of long distance production racing so I know what a turn off it is for most spectators.Betcha the crowd is down 50-75%