Thread: Nice new Kia
View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2018, 02:21 (Ref:3863566)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My dear 8 year old Honda Accord Euro is a manual... and looking for a replacement for it... there just isnt one in this market that interests me.

You cant buy any Honda in Australia with a manual except the base model Jazz or City... or the boyracer Civic Type R that has a very poor manual gearbox to use..

Maybe I am a dinosaur... yet I prefer being able to control both acceleration and deceleration with the movement of the right foot on the throttle, rather than have the torque converter/CVT system completely ignore my inputs and either maintain or increase speed...

Having been 'blessed' with an R32 Golf DSG before this, I will not seek out another automatic transmission. Best part about that car, besides the engine note, is that when I traded it on the Honda, it cost me almost nothing. Despite being on its 4th transmission, 3rd steering rack, 2nd wiring loom and many other things that should not be replaced in under 30,000km, if at all.

Maybe I just succumb to the market and buy an SUV...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods