View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2002, 06:14 (Ref:218304)   #247
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I generally don't watch many nascar races, but this one was a must see. With all the swerving and blocking, it is surprising that there weren't more big wrecks. But if nascar allows it, it is what you have to do to win. But if you can fend off a clean pass with a cheap swerve, the onus is on mindless weaving rather than a clean, skillfully executed pass. Is that quality racing?

As far as Gordon turning Harvick around, first Kev moved high to block and then when Gordon went low, he tried to block him again. I don't think it is ok to swerve even once, but most people think one move is ok. Kev moved TWICE to block the same pass, so I don't have much sympathy for him at all.

And the Gordon/Marlin thing was a wierd deal too. Sterling hit him, then went below the line (where he wasn't supposed to be) and when Jeff came down (still above the line), he got turned around. Now, Jeff can't be blamed for running into someone who is where he is not supposed to be. But Gordon took the blame on himself, so it is also hard to fault Sterling if that is the case.

In all, the Gordon haters will have plenty to complain about and Marlin leaves the 500 with another tangle ruining his day.

And Al bundy was probably cheering at the finish. The old Dodge wins again!