View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2017, 07:56 (Ref:3754442)   #12
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
You know me Simon, Devil's Advocate. I bet in the US a log book costs virtually nothing, in the UK it would have to be on FIA approved paper with an official ink you can only buy from the MSA, and you would lose your hard-earned win if you had a non-homologated comma.

I've thought for a long time that scrutineering isn't fit for purpose. We scrutineer on a Saturday night and by the time the kart hits the track the next morning it carries different wheels, bodywork and engine that haven't been "checked". What's the point? There's more attention paid to post-race eligibility scrutineering including paperwork than safety.

I don't think though that your idea would eradicate stupidity or metal fatigue, depending on what happened here. Indeed it may promote laziness and inattention. There just isn't the man power available - so I hand my log book in and it says "wheel fell off". What do you do? Send a scrutineer with a torque wrench to check before it goes out?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Then the stud would shear..... remember the F1 team who made the angle on the wheel nut exactly the same as the angle in the wheel, 3 fell off before the thought powers were restored.