Thread: DTM 2021
View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2020, 19:04 (Ref:4017047)   #43
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
All you are saying is "I didn't care for it, for no apparent reason" so that's not really meaningful input.

It could be argued that GT Masters is the strongest GT3 sprint series in the world right now. As a supposed "hardcore GT fan" it's pretty ridiculous to be repeatedly serving it up to be sacrificed so that a disappointing touring car* series can survive for a few years. It's supposedly just a stop-gap anyways, so it's not like they have any loyalty to GT racing, and they will just abandon GT3 when their electric shitboxes are ready to race.

*Not that the Class One things are very touring car-like.
I think to be really able to comment on that, we'll need to wait until we have a full DTM 2021 entry list as well as ADAC GT Masters one. ADAC GT may be the strongest GT3 championship in the world but we'll see how this compares to DTM next year. Maybe ADAC will still be so strong but maybe we'll have 20-24 great drivers racing for great teams in GT3- DTM and then, like it or not, DTM will be the strongest GT3 series. But now it's just ifs and buts.

I'd rather watch GT3 DTM than ADAC GT. Partly because I've followed DTM for many years and have drivers to cheer for (assuming that at least some of them stay in DTM) whereas in ADAC GT you have around 80 drivers every year and it's sort of difficult to follow that. Which doesn't mean I don't enjoy ADAC GT at all, I watched a few races this year, last year and it was fun. But DTM will probably always be higher on my list.

Anyway, I understand someone may have a feeling that ADAC GT 'somehow' it's not to their liking, regardless if you find it meaningful or not.