View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3893872)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Was watching a clip the other day of Patrick van Mechelen, man he did a lot with fairly lame equipment.
Some of that 'lame equipment' was his own fault though - he seemed to be the only person running a Subaru for quite some time and that car was never really on the pace when I saw it. As much as I love a Scooby he was never going to get anywhere with that car. He looked much more competitive in the Fiesta.

Quote:
I would also say Davy Jeanney in the C4, Lysen in the Fiesta, that Clio always looked awful to drive.
They're good shouts - Jeanney always seemed to go well (and he appeared to be a nice guy too) whilst Lysen looked impressive in whatever he was driving but in the supercars he never seemed to be in the 'right' machine.

Quote:
Under achievers, Hedstrom, Anton MArkuld, but we all know why he is there.
I don't know if they're underachievers as such - just that maybe they're just not as good as some of the others. That's probably 100% for them so from a personal level they're performing well - it's just that their best isn't as good as other peoples. So maybe you could say the car is/was capable of more if it had a different driver.