View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3908143)   #28
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
When the real deals are true characters like Carroll Shelby and Ken Miles, it's gonna be hard to match that. Lee Iaocca and HF2 for that matter...Enzo, too but who cares about him?!

HOWEVER, I wasn't alive during this time and have always loved the actual story. How Hollywoodfied it ends up being is what will be the tipping point.

Rush was well done to me, with those little things like me saying "that's not Suzuka, that's Brands Hatch!" Same with Days of Thunder. That's Rockingham, not Daytona!! One is a movie based on true events and the other is loosely based on real people but the inner workings of true stories into film will always be a chore.

Brühl and Hemsworth were good in Rush and I find Damon and Bale enjoyable, so the acting won't be an issue. Odd Damon is Shelby, tho....

Anyway, I'm generally excited with cautious optimism. This is what I want people to make movies about. I've got two comic book kids and I'm sooooo over Marvel / DC movies (some are decent), so we'll be there, just not when it opens. That's older son's birthday so I'll have to watch another comic book film...
Marvel Cinematic movies are fantastic. Yes there are some downers even in there. Iron Man 3 and Captain Marvel were duds. Black Panther is very overrated. Must add that Star Wars The Last Jedi is also well documented as being a horrible horrible film. As a racing fan its a shame to say I have not seen "Rush" yet. I have had the misfortune of having seen "Driven", but at least the music in that movie is cool. Glad to see sportscars get some love. Would be awesome in the "Ford vs Ferrari" movie if there is an epilogue near the end that features the 2016 Le Mans battle between the 2 makes.