View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2007, 02:03 (Ref:2010730)   #5
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robin Miller reported Sarah is actually looking into starting her own IndyCar team, since AAMCO is her sponsorship and she wasn't terribly happy with how things went with D&R this season (her full-time crew was very small compared to the #15 car, which was actually less funded).

Roth intends to run at least 1 full time car next year, possibly 2. He has recently invested a lot of money in a new shop and a whole lot more equipment and I think he's serious this time.

Since Alex Lloyd tested for Ganassi, I'd have to consider him as a possibility for that seat should it become available (or even as a third car).

D&R will run 2 cars if there's money. They don't know if there will be money yet. 1 is fairly assured though and unless Buddy is offered a better ride, I expect he'll be back. I believe they have Hard Rock Hotel signed through next year.

Mutoh will be in the #55. I expect Meira to be back in the #4.

Carpenter will be back in the #20. I think the team wants to keep AJ4, but only if they can find sponsorship for that car. If not Davey Hamilton may be running a partial season in a second Vision car.

If the new purse deal gets done, I'd definitely have to consider Beck a distinct possibility for a full season. He is always close to being able to do it financially and the new deal may put him over the hump. I think Kosuke Matsuura would be a possibility for this if he can find a Japanese sponsor. Beck has a history out of getting good runs out of Japanese drivers on a limited budget.

There's a consistent rumor of Walker Team Australia coming to IndyCar because Aussie Vineyards wants to be in the Indy 500. It may end up being an indy-only deal, but if the numbers work better over on the IndyCar side, I expect them to be there for the full season. Walker holds no bias towards either side of the fence and has raced in both series. If they do come I expect Will Power to stay in one car and really have no clue about the other.

Jay Howard says he's close to lining up a deal for next year. The big question is with whom?

The whom may be Fernandez Racing. Whenever anyone asks they say they are still interested in running the series if they can get a sponsor and almost had a deal for this year until the check from 360 OTC never showed up.

Foyt has indicated that they want to expand to a second car and ABC Supply has given all indication that they will provide funding for it. I really have no clue who would be in the second car and I don't think Foyt does either. If Manning gets lured away by another team then they'll really be in a bind driver-wise.

Apparently AJ Allmendinger is on the market as far as open wheel teams are concerned as he has largely washed out of NASCAR (what a surprise). However, I won't get started assembling a list of available drivers as that would be extremely large and not give much insight.