View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2794342)   #1
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wimbledon Stadium changes

Sorry folks been a bit of an infrequent visitor to wimbledon over the years -the ever earlier start times and increasing traffic due to sunday trading at the ever increasing retail parks, meant popping along after watching circuit racing was no longer an option.

I know there are some regular goers on here so after a long overdue visit - just wonder about a few things.

1/ Stadium car parking was always tight - especially with good car counts and 4 formula racing. But a whole section of the car park seemed to be fenced of with vans parked behind it - is this a short term thing - or does the stadium no longer have access to that area for parking in the future?

2/ Only the back straight was open, is this due to refurbishment works in the rest of the stadium, or is it to keep costs down by only opening a small area to reduce the cost of cleaning and the numbers of crowd marshals that we have to have standing around at events these days?

3/ I know this happen years ago, but I`m sure it happened after the debris fencing appeared - on the pit bend especially the solid metal spectator fence got raise to a height so you can no longer see over it. Never understood the reason for that?