View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3718611)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The target is a one off drive with Sauber? I haven't followed Sauber very closely, but I believe the new owners have a close relationship with Ericsson (maybe they even purchased the team to keep Ericsson in place?) Wehrlein seems to have been placed at Sauber as part of the complicated deal with moving Bottas to Mercedes. I assume to a degree, Mercedes is funding Wehrlein at Sauber to give him more experience.

Assuming the above is correct, I have a hard time believing Sauber (or more specifically those who back the current drivers) will park either of their two drivers for a one off drive by a rookie F1 driver for just about any reason? Even money may not talk much?

Then you have JM Lopez with a ride with Toyota at LeMans. If I was him... I would focus on one thing at a time. I would do my best to prepare for LeMans vs. trying to find a one off F1 ride.

This truly is a Don Quixote attempt or mission impossible project! Good luck!

Richard