View Single Post
Old 20 May 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4052407)   #12
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Funny how word usage takes off sometimes. "Stratification" within GT cars is not necessariy. Especially when GTD Pro and GTD are both GT3 categories. Just let the difference be the drivers and nothing else. I've never been a big "Stratification" fan as a whole myself even wtih Prototypes and GTs. Did not anybody find the interclass battle at the 2015 Petit Le Mans an incredible race to watch? Or seeing the Porsche GT and Ferrari 333 battle on track at the Petit Le Mans in 1999.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/g...-manufacturer/

It will be hard to get exicted for IMSA GTD in 2022 beyond Daytona, Sebring, and any all-GT races though. Because IMSA GT will now be more directly competing with Gt World Challenge Europe, NurburingRing series, and DTM now supposed to past where it was the WEC.

And those series might have an advantage for the perspective of GT fans because they don't have protos running around filling up space on the track and its not (most of the time) for overall wins. IMSA will have the Corvette C8R's wheras the others won't though. As mentioned in the article "national homologation". I do very much hope Chevrolet will come up with GT3 homologated C8R for 2023.