View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3762553)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well the contract negotiations went well and Delta is now confirmed as the second driver in the Rover at Portimao.

As to the day? As Richard says I had a bit of a nightmare really. It's only my second time on this configuration and the first on these tyres in this car so having no brakes in qualifying was a bit, um exciting. All the brakes were glazed so they got sorted before the race. In the race I noticed quite early on that I couldn't turn in as well as I might. Eventually this lead to quite a bit of understeer and an inability to stop. Cascades and Druids were particularly interesting but I received a track limits penalty for the exit of the first corner (Lodge?). Also had a good dice with a couple of Group 2 cars on slicks they managed to get past me at the last corner due to those tyre issues but after the pit stops I found I had overtaken them again. The tyres were used at Donington and I think a combination of picking up rubber from the slick cars and the fact that the tread was down made them overheat. I should stick to my principles and have new tyres for every event.

So eventually I finished 3rd overall in the Tony Dron Trophy and 2nd in class!

Had a nice chat with the gentleman in Race Control who explained that although I had the penalty for exceeding track limits, it wouldn't affect the result.

Thanks to all the marshals and officials who withstood the blazing sunshine all day. And of course to the other drivers and teams who brought along such wonderful machinery.

Good to meet up and chat with Malcolm and Mrs Smith, HRTR5, Apriliadriver, Garcon, Chunterer and his son No. 2; and of course Delta.