View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3219099)   #36
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakspeed65 View Post
Chappelli,

Stop being negative!!

They did not get to the moon on the first try!

"Good Things Take Time"
Sorry Zakspeed... You're right. If I remember correctly Apollo 1 caught fire on the launch pad killing all 3 crew memebers...

Sorry Zakspeed, trying not to be negative. Just trying to provide a little light and shade to the Erebus conversation....

No doubt Mrs Kilimenko has done a tremendous job bringing a 4th manufacturer kicking and screaming to the category... and that should be applauded.... But for me the sport is about results and I personally find it facisnating that a team as solid and consistant as SBR has gone to the back of the field so quickly.... Sure you can blame it on "new cars", but the fact is that the Kellys are doing better with their new car than they did with their old one... so results out of a new car are doable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Think about FPR.

All the money in the world, great driver line-ups, driving the same manufacturer as the champs at SBR, the engineering expertise of Prodrive...

...and it took them three full seasons to become a race-winning force and championship contenders (barring one freak red-flag Philip Island win Craig Lowndes got in 2003).

And I would think that Erebus have even more on their plate currently than the FPR of 2003 did. Give them a year or two.
FPR took over a GSR outfit that was a shambles, the base they were working from was very very low AND there was no such thing as a standard chassis... In 2002 24th in the Championship was all GSR could muster, in 2003 FPR won the third race they started and thurned that 24th in the Championship into a 5th.....

Erebus starts with an owner with significantly more resource (money) than David Richards, the third best team in the game, a chassis at the same level as everyone else and engine that's been regulated to provide a level of parity and two very very good drivers...