View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2017, 12:43 (Ref:3780728)   #691
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/b...ay-notebook-4/

***In addition to planned adoption of a Teams’ World Championship and revised points structure for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the FIA and ACO have adopted changes to pit stop regulations for 2018/19, which will permit tire changes during refueling.

NOOOOO WHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That may be the case, but we already had the P2's on the overall podium this year. Is a P2 really that much worse of a proposition for a team when it comes to Le Mans in 2018? Don't get me wrong, I want to see REB in P1 and as many cars as possible in P1, but if I had a team, I wouldn't count out a P2 entry being strong at Le Mans.
LMP2 will be in horribly weaker proposition next year at the 24 Hours, IMO there is zero chance for win. Maybe podium again as off chance but I wouldn't even bet on that, it really will be difficult.

For speed: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=659

And on top of that if you have 10+ LMP1 as it very well looks as is the case, all of them would have to blunder off the radar before P2s. Pretty much Le Mans 2010 would have to happen again more or less.

Also, even if we forget LMP1 for a second and go to P2 alone, Oreca will effectively be neutered next year with the other three cartell manufacturers receiving their joker EVO updates or whatever they're called, you're not gonna get as dominant machinery as this year from them.