View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2019, 04:27 (Ref:3913616)   #283
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
wrt to the M8 GTE width, the 88 inches is listed at Wikipedia, referenced to BMW-Motorsport. As it was discussed previously, the BMW width appears to be quoted with mirrors, whereas the maximum width of the series is 2050mm without mirrors as you quite rightly state.
I am unsure whether the other widths are quoted with/without mirrors - but the main point of the list was to demonstrate how the M8GTE is not, as was suggested, smaller than the GT-R Nismo GT3.

Porsche height from Wikipedia, although no reference is given.
Ford height also from Wikipedia, again no reference given.

Although I wouldn't take an image taken at an angle of cars at speed to give a true indication of height:

I was mostly talking about the height of the vehicle compared to the others. Not the width or length because the GTE regs allow them to be 2050mm. GT3 is a different type of ruleset but my comparison is that big sedan type GT's are not unusual.

There's plenty of pictures that show the cars side by side and the Fords are clearly the lowest on the grid. But the BMW is about the same height as the Porsche which surprised me.