View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2018, 06:14 (Ref:3843109)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Some good points there. The one difference between the Revival and other European Historic race meetings is that the competitors are there by invitation only, and so don’t have a lot of say in the programme. The meeting is not run just for their benefit, which may be more the case at other events and in other countries. Your point about journalists may also apply....

Seems to me (and it is purely my opinion) that diehard historic racing spectators are now considered less important than those enjoying corporate hospitality, and or those wanting to enjoy the whole ‘theatrical’ side of the event. As for the cars, there are a few new ones (that can be taken two ways ) at the meeting most years (if you’re lucky), but an awful lot are there every time, thus the racing can be predictable.....

I gave up on making it my highlight of the season years ago, but am privileged to have raced there once- unlikely to happen again. Thank you Goodwood for the live streaming and YouTube channel, which are an example that many other events could follow.....