Old 28 Jul 2016, 01:08 (Ref:3661559)   #210
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Still kinda cool you were at the track for the 2003 race R,Lee.
Another idea I have , and no one here will like it, is slap a plate
on them and let them go 2 or 3 wide for 3 hours. You are right though,
the track config is the issue and that rectangle(hallowed grounds)
will not be changing anytime soon. But then again, Tony George is back in charge, so who knows.
Well, the ticket was free. I had spent the week up at Oshkosh, for AirVenture. That is mecca for a pilot. Myself and the girl I was dating at the time were both pilots, as well as racing fans. She was from Missouri and at that time, that was the only track that NASCAR ran at, in that area. She had been to every BY400, starting from the beginning. To be honest, it was the worst experience that I have ever had at a racetrack. There was nothing that could be done about that and it certainly was not her fault. She had the tickets and ask if I wanted to go. I couldn't say no to her. The weather was miserable hot and as a NASCAR fan, I felt completely unwelcomed there. It's a very long story, so I won't go into it. Due to numerous issues, I will not ever consider that place "hallowed ground", but I guess that's me.

I have to say that plates would not work there, simply because the track is too narrow. It's hard to pass there now, plates would make it impossible to pass. I don't think it maters who is in charge of it, it isn't going to be reconfigured, so they will just keep going back each year to increasingly decreasing crowds. Afraid there is NO hope for that track. It was not built with stock cars in mind and that is evident each year they go back there!