View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2018, 10:52 (Ref:3835639)   #15
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
At the end of the race yesterday I thought immediately that Driver of the Race must go to Lewis. To go from plumb last on the first lap to finishing second was far better than anyone else had achieved. Then when he went off & sulked instead of talking to Martin Brundle at the end of the race, and when hew was finally interviewed, to accuse Ferrari of deliberately taking him out at the start of the race was a ridiculous statement to make.
If Lewis had made as good a start as everyone else, Kimi would have been nowhere near him to 'take him out, so that was a driving error. But, others made driving errors too, Kimi obviously locked up and ploughed into Lewis, Seb ran wide an more than a few occasions, and from what I saw, no one else had a flawless drive either.
So, I have returned to my original opinion and have voted for Lewis as DOTR, because his drive through the field was brilliant driving (despite him being in one of the faster cars). If the award was for Person of the Race however my vote would not have gone to lewsi.