View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2020, 14:03 (Ref:3957225)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I concur. I'm also not certain what other European States are doing in this respect. I do know that they are rolling out charging stations on a pretty rapid basis. The principle of making tight timelines is a useful management tool when trying to change working practices, I'm not sure it works with us, the great unwashed.

The purchase cost of an EV is still prohibitive for many and this in itself will be the biggest problem. Then requiring all homes to go all electric is another one which will cost the populace loads of dosh. FWIW I don't see this as party political since whoever won the latest election would be backed into the ER/Saint Greta myth.

I've still got my name on the Mach E but I keep seeing Focus STs.........
to be honest a full ev is a bit of a no-go for me too. i can't charge it at work due to parking logistics, and both my commutes are at the top end of the range for most anyway.

the hybrids are lovely but the combustion bit is so horrendously inefficient that for those of us who mainly do motorway miles, live in hilly areas and don't do much city nonsense they're just not appealing enough yet. it's obviously not far away, but it's too far away for there to be a significant penalty applied to people stuck using petrol cars with no public transport options.