Thread: HSCC CADWELL
View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3912409)   #43
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Before I gave up the media bib malarky (at circuits anyway) this was the last media guide I got at Cadwell last year for the VSCC event.

Maybe it's different this year?

The only difference was that I was told by other media bods on the day, that Cadwell had extended the red zone on the outside of the track from Barn a bit further up towards the Hairpin. It's not shown on the plan and wasn't mentioned at sign-on that I recall and I always used to ask at all circuits if there had been any changes from the previous year.

It always used to amuse / concern me at some circuits (not Cadwell) to be told 'you know the rules about where you can and can't go' - quite a blanket assumption I thought.

Or 'if you're where you shouldn't be the marshals will tell you' (had that a few times at Donington where I never got a map or saw one even after asking - until maybe last year after MSV took over, maybe got one then, not sure).
I think the inside between Charlies and Mansfield is, effectively, out of bounds now - or, if not officially out of bounds as understood by the marshals, no longer of much interest for what is left that can be used. The boundary line in the map is, perhaps, open to interpretation at that location.

On the other hand some of the impact protection stuff around the circuit is pretty darned good. Especially the stuff they have on the inside at Hall Bends.

Adrian Oliver in his Imp went off at some speed and thumped into the barriers with the OS front wing.

When they pulled it out I was expecting to see a lot of crumpled metal and a wheel as a funny angle but no - nothing. They towed the car back to the paddock.

I went to have a look since I found it hard to believe there was no obvious damage and Adrian said that he too was surprised but could not find anything wrong other than some scuffed paint along the side.

He was out in the second race of the day and managed to get fastest lap (according to the commentary) so I presume that all was indeed well.