View Single Post
Old 26 May 2017, 09:30 (Ref:3736119)   #83
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Wonder how many of these we will see next year, coming a bit later than the Porsche and even the McLaren.

A lot of people have upgraded to the Cayman already, I guess there's teams like Ekris who might take one, and people running older Porsches and the Ginettas.

And the Audi is coming too.

Great that there is more new options in the class, but with so many people having bought a Cayman in recent years I can't see them wanting to make a second investment, unless they sell the Cayman for small change second hand!
Well, there was an article on Endurance-Info a little while ago, that suggested that a number of French teams actually aren't quite happy with their Caymans and at least two want to move on for next year
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/pau...fos-du-samedi/

Good thing about the Cayman is that there are plenty of places to run it outside the GT4 world, so re-sale value should be alright.

I'd also expect customers for the new cars from outside the current GT4 ranks, e.g. AKKA-ASP have already voiced some interest in running a Merc at some point during the current season.