View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2012, 05:36 (Ref:3118870)   #43
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Tilke designed it.
Would typically have it listed on both his site and circuit's site. To be honest, for all his criticism Tilke has produced some decent race tracks. Sepang is fantastic, the new A1 Ring produced some of the better racing in F1 and had some great corners although it was nothing like the old circuit, India is great, especially the last two sectors.The Turkey atmosphere was about as exciting as a Sunday Mass but you could say the same for places like Laguna, Istanbul Park itself was fantastic. I love Motorland Aragon as well. I think a lot of it has to do with the FIA and F1 rules that are VERY specific in Track Design. Tilke has designed some horrors like Valencia, Abu Dhabi and Shanghai to name a few. Some of his new creations like Austin and Moscow don't look promising.

But which major company has done better as of late? Considering their main "Highlights" are Barber and Miller, I wouldn't say Alan Wilson, The Populous redesign of Silverstone is horrible IMO especially with Grandstands where you need to use the hubble telescope to see the circuit.