View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2014, 03:50 (Ref:3428354)   #2
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
....Rick and Deon approached me at the NZGP meeting at Manfeild earlier this year and shared their vision to assist young competitors to get into something affordable after they have decided to move on from Karting or Formula first etc.
.... As such I readily agreed to help were I could and that's mainly in getting the Series off the ground and attracting the sort of competitors that Rick and Deon Cooper want to help realise their dreams.
ex V8ST Web site,
Who will race them? Anyone can, male, female, young or old, with a fondness for fun and adventure; and for those with the desire to give motor racing a crack. The SsangYong Actyon Racing Series is restricted to amateur drivers – that being those who have not competed in a Tier 1 Championship during the past 12 months.
And as we all love being entertained, it is also a chance for us to be amused with the celebrity drivers filling quite a few seats. To date names on the list include ex-All Blacks Norm Hewitt and Todd Blackadder and TV personality Leigh Hart.
And Hart sums things up very clearly "As one of the country's top unprofessional drivers, with the NZ record for rolling rental cars, I am looking forward to kicking some serious arse.

Interesting mix