Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I did not watch last night, but have seen the other 'shows.'

Is Ray Evernham an elf?
Did someone think combining autosport with pro wrestling type plot lines was a good idea?
Paul Tracy's function seems to be to crash a few people each race, bring out yellow flag and allow reset of plot lines.

Marco Andretti won last night at some place called 'Slinger.' Also, I had read somewhere that he is pivoting to some type of nascar. Is this weird series some attempt to keep Marco in motorsport, or does it hhave another purpose?

Odd interpretation.

Not sure on the elf reference, Ray looks/acts pretty normal?

Their aren't any plot lines, see following answer

Paul Tracy is 100% terrible. He is taking this opportunity to ratchet his "persona" up to 1000%. Everyone else is driving normally or well, if Paul were replaced by someone, the entire show would benefit. He is creating a stir though, which is good in some arena's.

Slinger Speedway is outside of Milwaukee (major market). It holds one of the top 3-4 Super Late Model races in the country and is highly regarded by many in NASCAR as a quality facility. The winner of this years Slinger Nationals (big race), received an entry into the SRX race (winner was Luke Fenhaus, 17 year old up/coming Super Late Model driver, 2nd in Points in ARCAM Midwest Tour, similar to Ty Majeski or Derek Kraus). I believe this model (linking big amateur race wins with one-off pro-series races) is definitely something to look at.

The race itself was very good between Stewart, Marco and Fenhaus. The late caution by Tracy ruined the race, and Marco jumped the final restart without any punishment. Overall there is a lot to grow on for next year, and this weekend's race in Nashville should be pretty good.