Thread: Re-make
View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2018, 09:26 (Ref:3871765)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Not so much....you folks are going on about how a kid from no where can ever amount to anything...so he must be a cheater

That's the point of slum dog millionaire.

Boring boring boring

Still imbibed but if you dont believe what your eyes tell you why should I care about the words you say?

Mods please delete if necessary.
In response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
OOPs!

My original post was meant to be light hearted, and just a play on the original film, not a pot at Carl Lewis Hamilton.

I think views on Lewis are very much like the current Brexit debate in the UK, it's all or nothing, hate it or love it.

Anyway sorry for arousing ire at this season of goodwill.

Merry Christmas to EVERYONE.

Bob.
You started it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
This whole thing has gone too far, but if you lived next door to the Hamilton household in Stevenage I suppose one might take offence, It is possible that the garden was full of old mattresses, broken wheel barrows, bald car tyres etc., etc.
It's an outrage!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
It's the worst when an impoverished kid latches on to a rich person. Its so dickensian it makes me sick. It really ruins the holidays am I right?

But for real, that a thread can be started with such an overt amount of hate, without a link, without a purpose but to slag on someone and be allowed to continue is beyond me.

Is this the community we want?

Anyways if this kind of veiled trash is allowed to be posted then I'm free to stand up against it right?
Whatever you are imbibing may I suggest you add a happy pill?

I think the point of the thread is more to point out that the world has gone mad based on the twitter outrage. Most folks here are generally in agreement that he didn't deserve the slagging he got.

But like many, I wish our sportsmen were as erudite as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOgI-RSAo9o&t=27s