Thread: IMSA Race VIRginia 2018
View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2018, 19:20 (Ref:3845263)   #50
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Got back to the house last night.

WRS, I spent roughly the last 20 minutes in the bleacher there watching the Roller Coaster and the guys dropping down to Hog Pen. I also spent a good part of the Prototype Challenge race there; I've never seen so many cars come off the road in my life as I did watching them come into the right-hander at the top of the hill in the rain Saturday evening.

It was a little tough for me to follow some of the stuff. The cars with liveries that maybe don't stand out quite as much can be a bit tough to identify. It gets even harder when they're all clumped together so the engine notes are all mashed up as one.

I had a really good time. I will say, there are a few places I wish spectators could get to, or get closer to. I also think that zone by the Roller Coast could do with an extra PA speaker or two, and maybe a video screen somewhere there.

I also went down and spent the final portion of the Prototype Challenge race along the support pits at the South Paddock, and that was a pretty darn good view too.

Apart from the racing itself, the food at the track was good, though I decided to eat fairly light while I was there, and mainly just down liquid of one kind or another. I also got to catch up with our favorite Belgian lady bookseller, so that was quite nice as well.