View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3780553)   #5250
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
You keep talking about "made out to be". I'm not talking about what S365 says - I'm talking about actual manufacturers represented. DPi is the most popular right now.

Lowest is 2. It's now at 2. That's a record.

GT3 is popular because it's a profit centre. Cars can be sold for a profit to customer and private entries. Series and classes don't become popular because engineers like a challenge.

[citation needed] for quite a lot.

If we're going the BoP route (which I'd rather not have), I see no valid reason to not use DPi. If we're not going the BoP route, then DPi doesn't really work.
The reason because DPI is not the solution is that the brands want something like GTproto, GT1 style and DPI is not that.

Toyota Motorsport GmbH technical director Pascal Vasselon explained this idea clearly:
"make sure the bodywork supports better the manufacturer's products".
"At the moment an LMP1 is a kind of generic prototype and you have to paint it to put your mark on it," he said.
"The idea could be to go towards bodywork that is clearly closer to real cars — it could interest manufacturers who at the moment who are not interested in a generic LMP."
Vasselon suggested that the styling would be much more extensive than in IMSA's Daytona Prototype international class in North America.

The CEO of Aston Martin manifested several times the interest in these cars and I am sure that Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette, Ford and McLaren are interested in these GT1 style cars too.