View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3792283)   #201
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I've heard good things about the book. I may have to add it to my ultra long list of desired books. Is there much about the man and his early days as a designer or is it loaded with the modern F1 stuff? The latter leaves me a bit cold.
There's a bit of childhood/school days background and then it's into F1 and Indycar (the Indy stuff was quite interesting as I didn't know he'd done any of that). I'm about half way through the book now and it's into the McLaren period Leyton House and Williams dealt with!) so depending on your definition of 'modern' that may or may not be of use!

It's certainly an interesting read and some of the insights into performance (or lack of) of the various cars he worked on are easy to correlate to things I remember seeing (eg. the relatively poor early season performance of the 94 Williams).