View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3798426)   #292
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oddly enough this came from Goodwood the other day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRRC
To avoid any confusion, ALL cars MUST run to the papers that they have been granted. i.e. If a car has been granted papers at Group 1 specification, they will not pass scrutineering if they are prepared to Group 1.5 specification.

We are clarifying the above to ensure there are no grey areas in terms of eligibility ahead of the race. Our regulations were written based on the 1982 British Saloon Car Championship, however they do not allow freedom for competitors to deviate from the specification that their HTP has been approved, or from what each car actually used at the time.
[Emphasis added]

This is also part of the current App K regs for the period. As I read it, if you are building a replica of, say, a 1980 Spice Autosport Capri, you can run what it ran in the year you have selected, but you can't run what was possibly homologated but not used. This is why we had to prove that the cars ran with certain modifications (such as the single IDA on my car) before we got the HTP.