View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3833032)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Those who have a GS seat (I've always had one for the last 15 years or so) will have preferences for different reasons. We sit in Durand (T17) (apart from last year) but that and the ACO stand (T18) are ACO members only. If I had a completely free choice as a non-member, I would go for the Pits Grandstand (T34) as, being a very amateur photographer, it offers unimpeded views of the cars along the straight. But we don't actually know what the fate of that stand is now. The stands to the right of T17 (looking across from the pits) all look fine, but aren't very weather-proofed. They generally have canopy covers. Wimille does have that advantage of seeing back up the straight and a view of the chicane, but I've never been in it. Dunlop is good for the chicane but you can only see the cars from the point of turning into the first right-hander. Last year, due to a ticket hiccup, we sat in Raccordement - overlooking the Ford Chicane. It's a great spot allowing you to watch the cars through the chicane and then on up the straight, but if you want any hope of taking photos, you need to be high up. But then the same goes for all of the stands along the straight as even at the top of Durand, the debris fencing obscures half of the track and you really have to wait for overtakes to take photos (which basically means you are always photographing prototypes overtaking GTs). Remember though, if you get there for any of the practice/qualifying on Wednesday or Thursday, you can sit in any stand (except T17/T18) for free. Your GS ticket is only valid for the race itself. If T34 wasn't available and I wasn't a member, I might well choose Raccordement or Wimille for a change.