View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3921028)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
An electrical short at Woodcote away from being a perfect clubbie meeting.

I expect Mike's first lap was interesting

Good to catch up with John T
Sorry not to see JT during the day! Lots of lovely pre-war Bentleys in the paddock and could have spent all day looking round them, but had some racing to do. We also had a Spitfire doing circuits a couple of times, and the sound of the Merlin engine seemed appropriate to the meeting somehow!

The race. OK, the rule is that if you are still a reserve when you qualify, then the best you can hope for in the race (if someone drops out after Q) is to start at the back of the grid, which I did- 39th out of 39...... Standing starts are a bit of a novelty nowadays, but I love them and got a scorcher. Overtook 18 cars on the first lap, and at the end of the 20 min race was up to P11 o/a, and P4 in the 4cyl Morgan Techniques Trophy. Unfortunately the goal of the ‘Pushrod Cup’ wasn't within reach and I finished 10.5 secs behind the winner of that. Very disappointed, but two weeks running now I’ve started at or near the back of a grid, and had the most fun overtaking- not always on the track......