View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2020, 17:32 (Ref:3994809)   #34
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I sympathise with you, back pain means very few positions are comfortable including normal sitting. As to the saddle itself, I have found it pretty comfortable (without the lycra and padding) so that is a plus.
Peter, I would say back pain is common to all cyclists. A big break for me and even though I stretch and am younger was to get through a "fitting" which showed a very significant progress in terms of comfort.

Common mistakes are the position of the clips which can cause knee pain, saddle is another point, although comfy, if too far back it can stretch your lower back constantly which causes the back pain, saddle height is another, low means you will not stretch the leg, too high means you stretch it too much and so on. Then and bars considered, I would say it's better to have a low "drop" rather than too much as reaching means stretching your back and neck to look up as well.

The fact is that from your foot to head, all muscles are a "line" which you should look after. I have come a long way myself trust me.