View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2021, 09:51 (Ref:4036581)   #1103
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
There is also the limit travel notice in force still after the 29th of March. Personally I think clubs should show a level of public responsibility and not try and hold events until after the April step change at the earliest. We can see the dates ahead of us and all now have a good idea of when and what we can run.

I don't think clubs should be encouraging members to tool around the country and meet up to conduct what is a leisure activity/hobby and I am speaking as someone who works on motoring/motorsport events for a national organisation.

I know everyone is itching to get going and preparers need to get cashflow from racers, but it is a waiting game and the more we continue to stick to the rules and the more people are vaccinated, the more likely the roadmap will run as planned - or as some speculate in todays papers - perhaps slightly earlier.

The camping and caravan club have advised that their camp sites will not be open until 12 April at the earliest and that even then facility blocks will not be open until 17 May. What this means is that campers must have their own self contained toilet facilities.
Now, I appreciate that this is the Camping and caravan club’s advice regarding their own sites, and not for eg MSVs or Silverstones or Trac Mons but it does indicate the way the wind is blowing!

Are motorsport events viable between 29 March 12 April if only available to locally based competitors?
Are they viable between 12 April and 17 May if you can’t book a hotel and can only stay over if you can afford to book your own holiday let or have your own motorhome?