View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2021, 11:40 (Ref:4036606)   #1107
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Accidents and breakdowns are relatively rare per mile travelled (I'm managing one of each in the last 700,000miles ) and are just as likely to happen en route by car to Tesco's, a vaccination centre or the Post Office , or even by slipping on the footpath .

This may well be true for you, and the trips that you mention are what I would deem to be necessary. However, I truly don't believe that a car journey to watch motor racing, or as has been mentioned elsewhere, people being fined for going airplane spotting, to be classified by any stretch of the imagination to be necessary trips, although they might be good for the mind.