Thread: THRUXTON CSCC
View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2018, 21:20 (Ref:3847450)   #14
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Some great photos there David - especially the IROC Porsche wheel-waving at the chicane ! Nice to see the Ian Stapleton Alfa as it sadly succumbed to qualifying woes . Where did you take the photo of Richard Hayes'Toyota Celica GT4 ? Can't think of anywhere on the inside of the circuit where you could take a photo like that .

I wouldn't necessarily agree about Thruxton not being great for taking pictures - not very photogenic maybe but not too much high fencing and in places you can get quite close to the circuit . Admittedly it is a shame spectators can't get anywhere near the most spectacular part of the circuit out the back but there are other places that do provide plenty of action and overtaking . Wonder if and when spectators will be allowed to use the banking that now runs alongside Woodham Hill ?
Thank you! the Celica shot was taken directly opposite the bank in front of the control tower - if I had panned a little more to my right you would have seen the main gate entry as you can just see in this one

As for the not great comment - you are correct, sorry I didn't word that very well, and I agree it's a shame we cant have more access to the faster part of the circuit. Still a terrific / original 'grass roots circuit'

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!