Thread: SuperUtes
View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2016, 00:56 (Ref:3682624)   #45
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Im sure you said the same when the original ute series came out. Good news though, your not the target audience so you dont need to worry.

You seem to have an interest in the CO2, can you give me the comparison between a XR8 ute and SuperUte, Feel free to chuck in a Gt3 lambo if you want as well.

Let me help, straight up the SuperUte is the lowest CO2 producer of the 3

If you are worried about CO2 you probably shouldnt be into motorsport
You're right on the current utes peck, don't find them interesting at all and never have. To me this is an opportunity to step it up but so far that doesn't look like it'll be the case.

As Mixer has pointed out in regard to CO2, the SuperUte would be the highest of the 3, so you have that 180 degrees wrong but I take his point that the difference is not that great.

I'm not that worried personally about CO2 but there are many who are and seeing a field of utes possible smoking around (bear in mind they'll have modified exhausts so may smoke less than a stock vehicle) may give them ammo to throw at the series and motor sport in general - that is my concern. It is a question of perception and in particular how the series might be perceived and used by those outside the sport.