View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2020, 15:05 (Ref:3955659)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
We have had precedent for this. The 1967 RAC Rally was cancelled due to foot and mouth and so was the 2001 IOM TT and BRC for the same reason. Also the A1GP trip to Mexico in 2009 was cancelled due to the swine flu outbreak
The A1 GP cancellation is a reasonable comparison, but I would not consider the 1967 RAC Rally, or 2001 IOM TT is setting precedent per se.
They were cancelled to prevent the disease being transmitted, as opposed to protecting the competitors, teams and spectators from catching the illness.
It's a subtle difference, but one that should be remembered when we consider these types of situations.