Thread: Titans RX 2020
View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2020, 11:47 (Ref:3958989)   #10
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Titans obviously need something to run alongside their spec cars - odd to be a Supercar series though.
I think the original plan for Titans was to have a Titans and Supercars, wasn't it? So this is sort of a return to the original vision.

Quote:
Why run in Titans if you could run in Supercar? Not sure what the advantages of running one of the Titans spec cars would be?
Less hassle turning up and jumping in a Titan than running a Supercar? Plus cost? Titans are (supposedly) more affordable...

...though I did hear some numbers mentioned last year that weren't what I would call low budget.

Quote:
I could see national championships running alongside Titans at their meetings but having a Supercar series running alongside them makes no sense does it? (I could be missing something obvious here!)
As enjoyable as the Titans racing was to watch, I think the series needs permanent support to fill the timetable (and attract the punters). If they can get a reasonable Supercar field, plus a local support series (or two) at each round, then they should have enough cars to fill the weekend up.

There were gaps in the timetable at Lydden and, from what I recall, that had more support then most of the rounds. No matter how good the racing is with the Titans, I think the whole thing is a far less attractive prospect for spectators if they have 60+ minute waiting times between each qualifying heat.