View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2021, 18:41 (Ref:4036487)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You’re right, but IMO these people have missed the point of this car and the F1. Murray used his on the road a lot, as did Rowan Atkinson. Proper.

I was lucky enough to have a tour of the F1 factory and they told me a story back then. A German owner took their car in for servicing. It was pretty high mileage. McLaren downloaded data from the car and told the owner there was a problem as it showed that in the last two weeks the car had apparently been over 200mph on ten of those days (something like that anyway). The owner reported no it was correct, the Autobahns had been clear.

Although, while I would use it regularly on the road if I owned one I would also occasionally track it.

Calling the track one after Niki is cool though.
That is an epic story!