Thread: Interesting
View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2020, 12:35 (Ref:3967812)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Given that the UK government's initial plan was to let 60-80% of the population get infected in an effort to realise some form of "herd immunity" (which it really isn't), I'm not entirely surprised that people like Dr* Marko thought it might be a reasonable idea.

Funny that once the seriousness of the situation became more apparent, that the health and social care services would basically collapse and we'd have a massive uncontrolled free-for-all with the attendant breakdown in social cohesion, that they changed their minds to 'squash the curve'.

I hope everyone's doing OK. I have the worst timed week off work ever. I've done some travelling though - bed to bathroom, bathroom to kitchen, kitchen to living room. My house will have some awesome TripAdvisor reviews when this is over, I can tell you!

*not that sort of doctor, though