Thread: Sebring 2019
View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2019, 15:33 (Ref:3932728)   #71
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Just read through this thread. I've got a few pointers as I'm making the trip in 2020.

I'd like to hear your thoughts. Never been to Le Mans, but I am a Le Mans veteran. It will be me and me Dad.

It seems hotel is just not on. So I will venture camping (although we had grown out of that at Le Mans). I think that is fine, but I bet Dad less so.

Tickets? We'll wander round, but I think I'll do the Gurney Terrace.

I am considering bring a classic. Part of the fun being the drive there. Is that a good idea? Could come in a daily, although I wouldn't gain much in size/practicality there.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I'm following the Petit thread as I'll do that too!
From DC, that's a haul. NC, SC and GA are pretty, but not really from the interstates.

I'd lean on the previous comments on the Gurney Terrace.

Camping there is interesting, to say the least. I feel like to truly experience Sebring, camping is a must but it could be relentless. Rent RV for Pops, if that's in the budget.

Coming and going from the track in a car sounds awful, but I've never done it. I'll let someone else who may have done so to describe my perceived challenges of traffic and parking.

Can't wait to see you at PLM!!