View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2020, 15:21 (Ref:3951218)   #88
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerb View Post
hey man, i'm just fighting on until someone with time and an arts degree can step in .
in terms of your opinion of track 37, I could make the bottom of the V a slingshot type corner, and keep the current hairpins at the tip. also when you say drawing a city around it, what exactly do you mean? my style of circuits tries to have parts where one can pass during the race, and others for gaining or losing time in qualy.
Sorry to have taken so long for a reply. I guess work got in the way of that ;-)

When I used to draw a street circuit, I usually included the escape roads and some other parts of the street grid in the design to deliberately make it look more like a street circuit and less like "just" a road course. That's what I tried to suggest when I recommended you to "draw a city around it".

Feel free to take this suggestion with a grain of salt because I also liked to get a bit crazy with some of my circuit designs. For example, having been a fan of Monaco (who isn't?), I had a go at designing my own track on the harbour. So the coastline had to be in the design as a necessary requirement. For the crazy part, one loop of the circuit then went out onto a pier which was big enough to provide the safety features of a modern road course - and to have a long enough straight for some slipstreaming. If I had drawn just the actual track shape and not its surroundings, all of that would have been lost. FYI: https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=90

Here's looking forward to more cool track designs from you.