View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2005, 04:59 (Ref:1343478)   #60
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
My 2 p... Jacky Ickx became part of the history, not only with his victories, but due to the way he got them : in 1969 walking across the starting straight, then battle for the chequered flag, 1977(?) joining a team who had its car in the bottom of the overall to get the trophee, retiring then coming back for a last win...

People use to become part of the story when the party's over. Tom K has still a lot to say and to do... he's still young... (a real gentleman, if you ask me, BTW ; I won't forget him spoting me on in the paddock with my Bentley jacket while I was asking him "go for a sixth one ?" and answering "hey, nice jacket you've got there !")

Times have changed too. Le Mans in the 60'-70' and early 80' was an endurance race. Jacky Ickx describe it more like a 24 hours sprint now. Cars are more reliable, faster... different.

For Tom K, I consider myself lucky to live an area with such a pilot... I'll be able to say "I was there" later...