View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2000, 21:50 (Ref:2765)   #25
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, but the good old days are the whole issue.

I HAVEN'T been to a BTCC meeting since 1994, because I was finding better motor sport entertainment elsewhere - and I try to attend at least 20 meetings a year.

The Mika and Michael show won't encourage me to stay in on a Sunday afternoon. I wanna go racing!

And only a couple of weeks ago, it dawned on me that the last BTCC race I bothered to videotape was last year's Snetterton night race, and the most recent BTCC model I have in a 200 strong collection of diecasts is Eugene O'Brien's Peugeot 405.

If I'm losing interest, and I am as diehard as they come, what hope for the average casual observer?

On another note, can I just say that I think it's a bit off for everyone to be criticising S-H's car. Pride of ownership counts for a lot, and if S, you feel your Honda is worth putting time, effort and hard-earned cash into, then it surely is worth it.

I certainly didn't like it when on one of these forums, people took a few cracks at my beloved Bentleys the other day, and while there is at least one fellow who regularly posts here, who is very proud of a set of wheels I wouldn't give garage space to, I would never dream of telling him so. Because he's a friend.

Does that make sense, people?

Just no one admit to liking a Ford Focus or Ford Ka, okay? Otherwise my principles may yet slip.