View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2011, 09:21 (Ref:2990347)   #71
AntA35
Rookie

United Kingdom
The Midlands
AntA35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've looked at the Classic and have had some contact with JDog. Firstly it would appear to me that the Gp1 cars would only be there to make up the numbers to enable the more modern cars a place to play, but I wonder a) if any Gp1 cars will come out and b) where the original Gp1 cars are to come out?

Unfortunately only one or two Gp1 cars running at the back of the grid will neither provide spectacle of a race for a class win, but also they probably will spend most of their time trying to get out of the way. If there were 10 Gp1 cars however that would be a very different story.

Secondly the cost is very expensive for a couple of sprint races as has been discussed elsewhere, but I do feel for the guys trying to organise this. With a grid of 54 cars the £30k cost becomes more reasonable however at a hoped 30 entries of very mixed cars it will be an expensive exercise for all involved.

It's a difficult one for I would love to see a proper Gp1 revival and the devil on my shoulder keeps telling me that unless I, as a Gp1 owner, invest to get the car out at high brow events then how can I ever expect anything to happen... but what is a reasonable cost to invest?