View Single Post
Old 26 May 2015, 00:36 (Ref:3541247)   #51
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
For example Mercedes doesn't spend that much. It is not very equal to smaller teams, I wasn't denying that, but with them proportionally more of their total budget consists of the prize money, with some teams even more than half. I just disagree calling these insignificant especially when talking about them in a WEC thread, WEC's profits will not ever even get near these sort of figures.

https://infogr.am/team-f1-2014-budget-and-employees (these are in EUR)

ALMS used to have some kind of a prize money purse, and if I remember correctly, manufacturer teams weren't eligible for it, which kind of meant sense as the prizes were so small it wouldn't have mattered much to them anyway. I don't know if they gave the money to anybody then in case where top standings of a race were taken by manufacturers, or just gave them to first private team finishers.

If subtracting sponsorship from the budgets, I wouldn't be surprised if for example Mercedes ends up spending less of their own money than for example Audi.