View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2015, 12:50 (Ref:3544531)   #63
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Was it really confirmed by Toyota? Even if they did expend that, why would Audi/Porsche be spending +triple of that? To me it doesn't make any sense, tbh. If Toyota really expends 50 m a year, I wouldn't imagine Audi putting more than 60 m into it. The biggest part of the costs are quite the same for everybody, I would guess. Audi just seems to use more of wind tunnel time, isn't it?

Anyway, the two things(Audi allegelly expending x3/4 more than Toyota, which would mean F1-like budget) doesn't make any sense to me. It's just my humble opinion and I, obviously, can be wrong, but it would quite shocking, to me, if the situation is like that tbh
I don't know why it would be shocking. Word was that Peugeot's budget for a three-car full season ILMC effort was around 75 million Euros and that was before all the expensive hybrid stuff.

Audi was always the one with the largest budget so assuming that they spend more than 100 million certainly won't be off the mark too far.

Toyota always said they spend less than a 1/4 of their F1 budget, which was 400 million at one point. So if they're at around 75 it would be true, but still a lot less than what Audi and Porsche are spending.