Thread: New SRO GT2
View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:15 (Ref:3841354)   #55
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What it will or won't be called is completely irrelevant at the moment ……….

Personally I rather like the idea of so called Supercars with a minimum of aero development being raced - there are certainly enough very rich gentlemen would be racers out there with deep enough pockets for this to work - just look at the Super Trofeo series in Europe and the US to see this.

I like Ratel ……… having read the book '25 years of SRO', whilst he has made the odd mistake here and there and I am sure you could question one or two of his decisions, he certainly doesn't mind taking a risk or two.

He lives, sleeps and breathes GT racing and doesn't often do things on a whim - GT2 (or whatever) is a cute move that not many would have seen coming. GT4, whilst a very good series with a lot of manufacturers taking part is not the place for detuned supercars (R8, Merc AMG GT etc) - leave them for GT3.

However it evolves, I can see this really working and, whilst I certainly would like to see GT3 keep going as I reckon at the moment it is the most spectacular series, this will appeal to a lot of people - different cars, different drivers and hopefully some close racing with all the vehicles looking and sounding different could be a bit special.